The Computer Whiz Book 6 series comprises of eight books for grades 1-8. The books for the secondary grades are based on the National Curriculum of Pakistan (2022). Developers created Computer Whiz to enhance students’ digital literacy, computational thinking, and coding skills. Computer Whiz divides into six fundamental domains of Computer Science to explain emerging technologies, digital skills, algorithmic thinking, problem solving, programming, digital citizenship, and entrepreneurship in digital age.
Key features: Computer Whiz Book 6
- Step-by-step instructions to analyse and present data, and create simple algorithms, codes and programs
- Easy-to-follow guidelines to protect themselves in digital spaces and respect the rights of other digital citizens
- Extended and interesting information through ‘Query’ and ‘Leap forward’
- End-of-chapter summaries to reinforce key concepts
- Assessments at the end of each chapter include fill-in-the-blanks, multiple choice questions, short and long answer questions
- Project based activities to foster independent, collaborative, and experiential learning
Components of the series
The series comprises of the following components:
- Textbooks for grades 1-8
- Teaching guides for grades 1-8
Author Description: Computer Whiz Book 6
Raja Hashim Ali holds a PhD in Computational Biology from Stockholm, Sweden. He has a vast experience in teaching computer sciences in reputable institutions in Pakistan. He has also designed curriculum for Artificial Intelligence, Cyber Security, Data Science, etc. and published research papers in journals.